Hirdetés

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• sasa134

addikt

CB Kevin és John Chen közös munkaebéd a CES alatt :D [link]

de itt a lényeg: [link]

Kiragadva:
    “We're going enterprise. We're going messaging. We're going devices. We're going QNX.”

BES:
    - "BES actually today makes money. It's just not growing,” Chen said. “In fact, as BB7 got retired, it's going the other way. I need to add the features and functionality to go back the right track,” he added.

- “I could put a sales team on Wall Street. I know how to do this up and down Wall Street … we will go in and tell them why BES is the best thing for them, and go through the road map, the offerings, and all that good stuff. We're going to protect their investment in iPhone, and Android, and everywhere else, even with Windows Phones.”

telefonok:
    - “I am never going to give up designing phones. I may not build it, but I'm going to design it. I think it's a very important thing.”
    - But they are all going to be BB10. They are all going to be our brand.”
    - “I need to make sure that I don't lose money on phones, because that's the biggest piece. That's what I am number one focused on. You can't really make a profitable company and lose money on phones.”

- John recently hired Ron Louks to lead the handset division. Ron has been in the mobile space for a long time, including as Sony Ericsson's CTO and as HTC’s Chief Strategy Officer. With Louks appointment, Chen feels he now has “good phone people with good phone experience” on his management team.

BBM:
    - “That was the first time that we de-coupled the brand from the BlackBerry handset, and as you can see, the results are very exciting. You've got 45 million BlackBerry users, you got 40 million Android/iOS users, so 85 million users for social messaging.
    - “When we monetize it will do very well. Right now it's not, we're losing money on BBM. But it's an investment state. This is why a portfolio approach is important, because if you just purely look at, - Oh, I've got to make money on everything I do - then BBM needs to stop. But if you stop BBM, I think that's very shortsighted. I think that's ridiculous. That's my opinion.”

QNX:
    - “QNX is a market leader in the automotive competitive industry — a lot of design wins, a lot of model cars, getting royalty, high-margin, but has been kept reasonably small. I think that the whole vision of machine-to-machine mobile computing is going to be the future. I think there are a lot of verticals that need QNX, and there are a lot of devices needing QNX outside of phones.”

a rajongóknak:
    - “Keeping the faith is very important, because it'll get better.”
    - "I am now the chairman and CEO, and I'm going to do this until we see the results of what I'm talking about.”​

Ennyi! :C Go BB!

[ Szerkesztve ]

Avanti Roma

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák