Keresés

Hirdetés

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• krealon

veterán

válasz MaCS_70 #2596 üzenetére

"Tartanál nekem erről egy kis szemináriumot? Nem igazán értem..."

Blessay: Autonegotiation on Ethernet – it works, it should be mandatory!

I found this quote recently:

“The switch is configured to autodetect the speed and duplex settings on an interface. However, there are several things that can cause the autonegotiation process to fail, resulting in either speed or duplex mismatches (and performance issues). The rule of thumb for key infrastructure is to manually hard-code the speed and duplex on each interface so there is no chance for error. “

THIS IS VERY VERY VERY WRONG

Cisco(1), Sun(2), Dell(3) and all major manufacturers RECOMMEND auto-negotiation.

[hosszu szoveg, hogy auto negotiation az jo, mert mukodik]

A kommentek kozott:

Tim says
    If only the world was that perfect Greg

I’ve had LOADS of problems with autoneg.
    I’ve NEVER had a problem where both ends are properly nailed.

No-brainer IMHO, why take the chance? Especially if you don’t have access to both ends to check that it auto’d correctly _this_ time. (Just ‘cos it got it right last time doesn’t mean that it will again)

I concede Gig is very different and shouldn’t be tared with the same brush.

Greg Ferro says

- I have had all sorts of problems, but ultimately, auto-neg is the best default condition. I move to hard-config when there is a problem. That is my recommendation to everyone.

A cikkiro javaslata: amig jol mukodik az auto negotiation hasznald, de ha problema van, allitsd fixre.

Ezen felrohogtem. :))

Az a lenyeg, hogy a kicsi-olcso (nem menedzselheto) otthoni eszkozoknel csak a korabban leirt vajakolasokkal (100-as switch / buta kabel) lehet kideriteni az ilyen jellegu problemakat. :R

Sajnos nem mindehova gazdasagos Cisco Catalyst-ot telepiteni. :((

Szerk:
    "Nem az volt az alapfelállás, hogy a 100 Mbps-os tévébe fut be a 65 Mbps-os film, mégis szaggat? Egy lépés nekem hiányzik..."

Az a hianyzo lepes, hogy te feltetelezed, hogy a 100-as porton hiba nelkul felepul a 100-as kapcsolat, ha az ellenoldalon gigabit eszkoz van. Ez sajnos neha nem igaz.

[ Szerkesztve ]

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák