Hirdetés

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• i2k

senior tag

"Players have no patience", says Blizzard president - "they want new stuff every day, every hour"

People who play videogames want "new content literally almost every single day", according to Blizzard president Mike Ybarra - indeed, "they want new stuff every day, every hour". I do not want new stuff every day, every hour, Mike. Frankly, the idea makes me want to burn my possessions and go spend the rest of my life under a pine tree.

Ybarra's pseudo-apocalyptic observations came during a chat with the Verge about all things Blizzy under new owner Microsoft. Asked about Blizzard's current approach to live service gaming, Ybarra noted that "players have no patience. They want new stuff every day, every hour. We're trying to react that way while holding the Blizzard quality bar high."

One obvious question is how to keep up that avalanche of New Stuff without making Bad New Stuff. Ybarra's answer, as may be deduced from Blizzard's current operations: set up vast teams increasingly fuelled by the power of in-game monetisation, with a lot of effort dedicated to ensuring that buying things in a Blizzard game feels enjoyable.

"We know players want new content literally almost every single day," Ybarra went on. "At the same time, it takes large teams to be able to deliver that. So you have to monetize it in the right ways. At the same time, I always tell the teams, 'When someone spends one dollar or a penny with Blizzard, I want them to feel good after they do that. How do we get to a world where we know that's always going to be the basis of what we're doing?'

"We want to serve players with more content in our universes," he added. "At the same time, we want to make sure we're responsible and meet their expectations. I think we're still fine-tuning a lot of those things as we go forward. But it's something top of mind for me as we go forward."

A világ játékosai meg minden szarra ráugranak - perverz/katasztrófa kíváncsiságból, elfogultságból, vagy csak a puszta "csillogóan új tehát kell" elv mentén, miközben 80+%-ban mindenkinek 100 - 2000 végigjátszatlan játéka van minden platformon.

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák