Hirdetés

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• arn

félisten

Hmm... Inkabb ilyesmire gyanakszom en is. Mintha az sb16 nem lenne kompatbilis a lappal.

"High-end" DOS rigs often have other limits as well. From a Pentium III upwards, you start losing control over the ISA bus timings. Some PIII have these BIOS options, some don't.
    You might, of course, find software solutions, BIOS patches etc. to tune 8-bit and 16-bit I/O recovery (delays). This is sometimes needed for very old ISA cards.
    The upper memory area (640k to 1 MB) is usually smaller and more fragmented as well, you might find that you cannot load all your TSRs in high and upper memory.
    If you use a PCI sound card, the emulation software will have its own speed limitation. For example, the SB Live!'s emulation works correctly between cca 200Mhz and 800 Mhz (I cannot remember the exact numbers) on a PIII. This utility depends on EMM386.EXE, which again has speed issues...

Have you looked for any BIOS settings called "Passive Release" and "Delayed Transaction"? These can affect if ISA cards work correctly, in my experience.

[ Szerkesztve ]

facebook.com/mylittleretrocomputerworld | youtube.com/mylittleretrocomputerworld | instagram.com/mylittleretrocomputerworld

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák