Keresés

Hirdetés

Aktív témák

• pitipeti

csendes tag

válasz Sianis #21 üzenetére

Itt találtam a leírást: www.tuxmobil.org

. WLAN
    The buildt-in WLAN interface is a BCM4310. It can not be used out of the box at the moment, as the firmware for the Broadcom WLan chip currently can not be included into the Linux kernel (for legal reasons?). There is, however a driver included in all kernels from 2.6.17 on - just the firmware is missing! Read more about this issue in the Ubuntu Wiki here.

So there are basically 2 ways to get your WLan up and running:

Either you make the kernel load the missing firmware or you install the Windows driver via Ndiswrapper. The Ndiswrapper way needs a 64 bit Windows driver if you are running the 64 Bit edition of Ubuntu Edgy. It is also the more convenient way for every day use since all the features of the BCM4310 including WPA2 etc. are supported, and it can easily used together with Network-Manager. Also, the Ndiswrapper solution will not break after a kernel upgrade.

If you want to try to use the open source driver together with the Broadcom firmware, have a look at the Ubuntu Laptop wiki here. You can get the Broadcom firmware as a convenient package from here.

If you want to go the NDiswrapper way: It took me about 35 minutes only in order to get the buildt-in Broadcom WLAN interface up and running using this HowTo here (German language only). For you non-German speakers, here is a step-by-step explanation in English of what to do:

a) download the latest Broadcom WLAN driver for Windows from the HP website here (scroll down to the “Driver - Network” section)

Notice: If you are using the 64 Bit version of Edgy, make sure that you get the respective 64 bit Broadcom driver - should be in the same packages, but better double check. The following steps however are the same, NDiswrapper automatically uses the 64 bit driver if present.

In my case, it is version 6.00 A of 24 May 06, the filename is sp33008.exe, 64 bit driver was included.

b) Extract the driver itself from the sp33008.exe archive you downloaded:
    Create a new folder on your Desktop, copy the downloaded file (sp33008.exe) into the new folder, open a terminal window, change to the new directory in which you copied the sp33008.exe file and use cabextract to extract all files from this archive:

cabextract sp33008.exe

c) Install ndiswrapper

Download the latest packages ndiswrapper-common and ndiswrapper-utils here from the Feisty repositories. You need the binary packages, of course! Then install them with GDebi (right click on the file, “Open with GDebi”).

d) Install the Windows driver with ndiswrapper:
    Open a terminal, change to the folder to which you cab-extracted the Windows driver (the spxxxxx.exe file) and enter

sudo ndiswrapper -i bcmwl5.inf
    sudo ndiswrapper -m

e) Blacklist the bcm43xx driver of the linux kernel
    As root, add the following line to the file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

# exclude the kernel Broadcom driver
    blacklist bcm43xx

f) de-activate and activate the wireless network in the “System-Administration-Network” menu
    And keep it de-activated there if you use Network-Manager (which I recommend) - Network-Manager is activating the network devices independently from the Gnome settings. (Thank you Anders for the hint, I forgot to mention that)

g) Install Network Manager
    Network Manager is a essential tool for painless WLAN networking (WPA encryption and all this stuff). While it is not really related to the NX6325, I strongly recommend that you install it. Just install the package network-manager-gnome from the Ubuntu repositories. More about network-manager here.

h) If Network Manager does not see your WLAN card, or the blue WLAN indicator does not work, you may try the following:

- in order to load ndiswrapper as a module automatically at start-up, add to /etc/modules the following line:

ndiswrapper

- press the WLAN key and wait 30-60 seconds

- turn your system off, remove the batteries, wait a few seconds and reboot (sometimes, the driver will not load after a cable network connection)

• pitipeti

csendes tag

válasz Sianis #21 üzenetére

Sianis:

Az ndiswrapper újratelepítése megoldotta a WIFI problémát. Gondolom vmi kernel frissítést tehettem fel és megváltoztak a hivatkozások.

Köszönöm a segítséget!

Aktív témák