Hirdetés

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• Alan

aktív tag

John Travolta, ''Swordfish''. Meg persze egy névtelen beszélgetőpartner, a film legelején.

''You know what the problem with Hollywood is? They make shit. Unbelievable, unremarkable shit. Now I'm not some grungy wannabe filmmaker that's searching for existentialism through a haze of bong smoke or something. No, it's easy to pick apart bad acting, short-sighted directing and a purely moronic stringing together of words studios term as 'prose'.

No.

I'm talking about the lack of realism. Realism. Not a pervasive element in modern-day American cinematic vision. Take Dog Day, for example. Arguably Pacino's best, short of Scarface and Godfather Part I, of course, Masterpiece of directing, easily Lumet's best. But. What if Sonny really wanted to get away with it? What if - now here's the tricky part - what if he started killing hostages right away? No mercy, no quarter. Meet our demands or the pretty blonde in the bellbottoms gets it in the back of the head. Bam, splat! What, still no bus? Come on. How many innocent victims splattered across the window would it take to have the city to reverse it's policy on hostage situations?

And this is 1976, there's no CNN, there's no CNBC, there's no Internet! Now, fast-forward to today. Present time, same situation. How quickly would the modern media make a frenzy over this? In a matter of hours, it would be the, the biggest story from Boston to Budapest. Ten hostages die. Twenty, thirty. Relentless, bam bim, one after another. All caught in hi-def, computer-enhanced, color-corrected. You can practically taste the brain-matter. All for what, a bus? A plane? A couple of million dollars that's federally insured? I don't think so. Just a thought. I mean, it's not within the realm of conventional cinema...but what if?''

''Well there's a problem with that movie.

''Hm?''

''It wouldn't work.''

''How come?

''You know, bad guy can't win. One way or another, he's gotta go down.''

(még folytatódik, de azt már nem tudom visszaidézni.)
    Abszolút klasszikus. Szerintem.

Kár, hogy szcientó lett a pasas.

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák